- Provides a hands on experiential learning approach that actively engages students in sustainable practices
- Increased awareness of the concepts of reduce, reuse and recycle
- Actively educates students through story performances, based on current environmental issues
- Enhanced appreciation of life cycles of materials
- Engages the greater school community; teachers, parents and students in environmental practices
- Wakakirri provides genuine learning opportunities for students of all ages and talents
- Allows teachers to meet outcomes for Arts’ Key Learning Areas.
- Wakakirri research shows that holistic outcomes of participation include resilience, respect, literacy, physical activity and nutritional health appreciation
- Promotes respect between students and schools through the sharing of stories
- Builds communities by fostering tolerance and understanding
- Reaches beyond the classroom and encourages parents to actively participate and support their children’s participation.
- Gets kids on their feet active and thinking.
- Demonstrates to students a sports alternative to keeping active.