The Wakakirri Inspiration Fund raises funds to help schools in disadvantaged communities to participate in Wakakirri. Any school can apply for funds, they simply need their Principal to complete the below form outlining their request. Schools can apply for funding each year which can be spent on subsidising Wakakirri student participation fees for the Live event or the Wakakirri entry fee for the Video event.
One school spoke to Education Today about how they’ve benefitted from the Wakakirri Inspiration Fund, read more here
- Must be a Primary School or Secondary School.
- Must be registered for Wakakirri this year.
- Schools with an ICSEA of less than 1000 are prioritised.
- Schools that have never participated in Wakakirri before are prioritised.
- Applications must be received before funding cycles close.
Funding closing date
- Applications for the 2023 season have now closed. Applicants will be notified of outcome on 29th March.
- Applications for the 2024 season will open in Term 4.